So you want to volunteer at the #Walk4MD?
GREAT! As you may know, Muscular Dystrophy Canada is a volunteer driven organization and we are always looking for wonderful people to lend their time to help make the Walk for Muscular Dystrophy the best it can be! Here we list 10 great ways you can volunteer at your local Walk:
- Set up tents, tables… everything needed to keep the day running smoothly
- Sit at the Welcome Desk with a warm smile
- The Registration Table is where all the action goes down! Check people in, get others registered, collect cash donations, and give out raffle tickets
- Hand out the incentive prizes (t-shirts and USB charger), and run the raffle at the Prize Desk
- Many Walk events have a Water Station along the route to make sure anyone who needs a bottle stays hydrated
- Have some skill with the camera? Photographers are always welcomed volunteers
- Help serve lunch
- Face painters bring joy to all the kids – and the kids at heart
- Wrap up a great day by helping pack everything up
- Be a member of the Planning Committee for next year!
To volunteer at your walk, go to www.walk4md.com and select your location. On that Walk’s page, click the ‘Volunteer’ tab located under the location and date! Thank you to all our volunteers!