Highlights from 2015
1. Research breakthrough: In November of 2015 it was announced that Dr. Rudnicki and his team had discovered that Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy directly affects the muscle stem cells. Read more.
2. Second Annual Respiratory Care Grants: We awarded funding to four projects. Read about them here.
3. Walk for Muscular Dystrophy: 2015 marked another fabulous season of our communities coming together and work to help make muscles move! See the re-cap of the season here.
4. Your donations helped us provide to the over 50,000 Canadians affected by neuromuscular disorders and their communities –
5. Canadian Clinical Trials Asset Map: The announcement of the creation of a robust, online, searchable database designed to communicate Canada’s clinical research strengths to all stakeholders, including clinical trial sponsors. Learn more here.
6. Torch Run: Danielle Campo McLeod carried the PanAm torch through its run in Toronto. Relive the day here.
7. Ontario Institute of Regenerative Medicine: The Government of Ontario announced funding for OIRM.
8. Help Feed Ability Campaign: You helped #FeedAbility with us, Safeway Canada and Easter Seals. Click here to see photos from the cheque presentations.
9. Journey for Janice: The 22,000 km cycling trek from Toronto to Halifax brought in awareness and funds in memory of Janice. Read Jordan’s blog entry explaining why he and his friend Hartley embarked on this adventure.