Tips for creating a team for the Walk for Muscular Dystrophy
- Find your local event! Visit the Walk for Muscular Dystrophy Website and find the location and date of the event nearest to you.
- Create your team! Start by downloading the Team Captain Toolkit. It contains information about registering your team, setting up your team page and recruiting new members.
- Next, plan your fundraising! Use the Fundraising Checklist to help ensure your fundraising activities are organized and effective.
- Get inspired! Visit the Walk for Muscular Dystrophy Pinterest board for pictures from past events to get your creative juices flowing.
- Know what to expect! The Event Day FAQs will give you an overview of what you can expect, including registration, fundraising incentives and waivers.
- Encourage others to participate! There are many reasons to participate in the Walk for Muscular Dystrophy: building relationships, giving back to the community, being active or supporting friends and family. If you aren’t sure why you should participate—or if you know someone who is uncertain—FAQS on why businesses and schools should participate in the Walk for Muscular Dystrophy might help.
- Stay connected! Stay up-to-date with the Walk for Muscular Dystrophy (#WalkforMD) through the website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)!
- Walk for Muscular Dystrophy! This is what it is all about—go and have fun! Connect with old friends and meet new ones. Take lots of pictures and share them on social media. Say “I Can!” and support those affected by neuromuscular disorders.