Top 10 #Walk4MD Fundraising Tips
1. Easiest way to get started is to make a list of potential donors. This will help make sure you don’t forget to contact someone.
2. Use the power of social media! Share with your networks, and make sure to use your personal or team donation webpage with #Walk4MD, and other appropriate hashtags to get the attention of those outside of your network. Examples: #charity, #musculardystrophy, #charitywalk, #donate
3. This one is really simple – make sure your personal or team donation page is filled out with at least one photo and a brief description of why you walk and why the #Walk4MD is important to you. Someone is more likely to donate if your page is filled out and gives them a reason to donate.
4. Have a child in Elementary School? Ask the Principle if they would dress in a fun costume if the students raised a set amount for your Walk!
5. Ask your boss if you can organize a dress down day asking for a $1 or $2 participation donation that goes towards the Walk!
6. Working in a team towards a shared fundraising goal can help! Make your team today!
7. Once you have a team, you can hold an event to raise money. Click here for our Team Fundraising Event Guide.
8. Create a change jar and place it in a high-traffic area at work. Make a little sign and send an email so your coworkers know what the cause is and ask them to please place any change they wish to donate in the jar. Remember, no amount is too small!
9. Raffle off your services as a chef, chauffeur, handy person, or personal shopper to your friends, family and coworkers!
10. Still stuck? Fill out our How to raise $1,000 in 10 days and see if there is anyone you may have missed!
For more ideas please visit our Fundraising Toolkit.