View this page for:
- Ontario & Nunavut
- Western Canada
Canada Safeway has teamed up with Muscular Dystrophy Canada to raise much needed funds to support those living with a neuromuscular disorder. The Safeway Mobility Grants were created to assist registered clients with the purchase of medically necessary mobility related equipment.
Who can apply?
Registered clients of Muscular Dystrophy Canada living in Northern Ontario.
What kind of equipment can I apply for?
- Mobility aids such as power and manual wheelchairs, walkers and scooters
- Seating and position aids such as specialty cushions, power tilt and lift chairs
- Orthopaedic devices such as leg braces, AFOs and orthopaedic splinting
- Access equipment such as stair glides, porch lifts and ramps
- Other items such as hospital beds/mattresses, patient lifters, ventilators, respiratory aids, and bathing devices
How do I apply for a Safeway Mobility Grant?
All requests must include:
- A completed Safeway Mobility Grant Application Form
- Quotes from 2 different equipment vendors
- A signed equipment prescription from the appropriate licensed health care professional such as: an occupational therapist, physiotherapist, respiratory therapist, orthotist, physiatrist or podiatrist
Applications for reimbursement without prior approval will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted from April 1st to April 30th and will be reviewed in chronological order.